Carpeted floors are installed in a lot of businesses over the last few decades, such as offices, hotels, and restaurants, and becoming popular mainly for the maintenance, interior designing, and decoration of the business places. These carpets need to be professionally cleaned every 6-12 months to remove dirt, dust, and debris and ground-in soil that is mainly due to foot traffic.
Turning to the carpet cleaning industry, in the United States, for example, cleaning management is not being regulated. Manufactories voluntarily contribute to work with organizations such as the International Institute for Restoration and cleaning to be certified. Despite the fact of irregularity, carpet washers are demanded to provide a certification on their workmanship.
Some statistical data of the carpet cleaning industry is worth mentioning to estimate their growing business in the USA alone in recent years.rug cleaning
- An average of about 5 billion dollars in revenues is generated in the USA annually through this industry, according to IBIS World Report.
- In the 5-year tenure ending in 2017, it achieved a 1.6% annualized growth rate. A survey of IBIS World declared that almost 37,000 firms are operating within the U.S with a workforce of about 70,000 people.
- An average carpet cleaner earns nearly 35,000$ per year in the United States. Service Monster also reports that the most paid service providers are located in Alaska and Boston. On the contrary, in Texas, Louisiana, and Arkansas, they can earn 20,000$ yearly. In every 4 out of 5 factories that are presently operating are either working as the only employee for their field or sole proprietors.
- The commercial cleaning industry in the USA is losing up to 55% of its total sales annually. Customers do not prefer a local carpet cleaning service because of their refusal to show up for a booked appointment and poor quality.
- According to the Carpet and Rug Institute, carpets account for 51% of the total flooring market in the USA. It also states that in 2015, a registered member with CARE could recycle almost 150 million pounds of the carpet due to better cleaning activities.
- Carpet cleaning on an individual level is something that, in every office and home, people do on their own monthly, weekly, or even on a daily basis. That is to say, and this regular maintenance extends carpet life. Then, the potential life of the carpet can be further extended via deep-cleaning service, which is carried out by trained industrial professionals.
- However, some certified carpet cleaners have now offered alternative services as well to fulfill the needs of some communities that are installing different flooring types. This is done specifically in the commencement of maintaining their annual revenues. Such trends are expected to continue as this industry has a seemingly strong future ahead.